The Aloha Cup is the last, official qualifier event for the World Drone Racing Championships tour across 37 Countries in 2016. It’s your final chance to qualify for the individual, freestyle and wing categories. It will be located in the Iconic main field of the World Championships at Kualoa Ranch. The top ten winning individual pilots will advance into the Championship mains along with the top 10 of the Freestyle and Wing winners.
Dates: October 18-19, 2016
Location: Kualoa Ranch, Low Camp Area [map]
Categories: Individual Quad, Freestyle and Wing
Top 3 winning pilots in each category will receive trophies
Individual: Top 10 pilots will advance to the Worlds
Freestyle: Top 10 pilots will advance to the Worlds
Wing: Top 10 pilots will advance to the Worlds
Participating Pilots & Heats
- Bapu Madhu 1:38:160
- Shaun Taylor 1:42:490
- Cain Madere (2 laps)
- Johnny Schaer
- Chris Garza
- YoungRok Son
- DongKi Han
- Frederik Potgieter
- Shane Traweek
- Matthew Bardeen
- Zoe Stumbaugh
|Ahubert Jalaff||Rolando Pedro||Chile|
|Baldwin Tapia||Juan Carlos||Mexico|
|Choi||Jin Hyun||Korea, Republic of|
|Gatchalian Jr||August||United States|
|Han||DongKi||Korea, Republic of|
|Jung||Jae Hwan||Korea, Republic of|
|Kea Sasaki-Tom||Alec||United States|
|Kim||Minchan||Korea, Republic of|
|Kim||JaeHong||Korea, Republic of|
|Lee||Yonggyu||Korea, Republic of|
|Lee||Jaehong||Korea, Republic of|
|Lee||Jehak||Korea, Republic of|
|Lee||HyeongSeob||Korea, Republic of|
|Moon||Wonjoon||Korea, Republic of|
|Son||YoungRok||Korea, Republic of|
Monday October 17
1pm – 5pm
Optional pre-registration opens at the main field. This is a good time to receive your pilot badge and information and check in your airframes. Course preview, wing exhibition and cliff surfing available.
Please bring the following
– AMA Membership card (or get one onsite)
– FAA Airframe Number
– Airframes that you will fly in the competition
*Please note: Schedule subject to change. Please check the schedule at least 24 hours before any event for schedule changes.
Tues Oct 18
7:30am – 8:30am
Pilot registration, airframe worthiness check, video transmitter checks.
8:30am – 9am
PILOT BRIEFING (mandatory)
9am – 5:30pm
9:00am – 11am: Wing Qualifiers
9:00am – 10:30: Freestyle Practice
10:30am – 2pm: Freestyle Qualifiers
11:00am – 5:30pm: Individual Quad Qualifiers
32 Individual Quad
Wed October 19
7:00am – 9:00am
9:00am – 12pm
9:00am – 2pm
Quad Individual Championships
2pm – 3pm
3pm – 5:30pm
Pre-Registration for World Championships
- All pilots must have an AMA Membership (annual or guest). MAAC accepted. You can register online or onsite.
- All pilots must have their airframes labeled with their FAA registration number (Register here) Please note that the FAA website only works within US soil. International participants please register once you arrive in Hawaii.
- All pilots must use the approved video transmitters found in our Rules and Regulations section.
DNS: Did Not Start
DNF: Did Not Finish
OOB: Out of Bounds
- Pilots are responsible for operating and maintaining their own equipment.
- Pilots are responsible for ensuring proper flight operations through timing gates and recording all official times. If timing is not recorded in the official timing system, or inaccurately recorded, it is the pilots responsibility to prove the accurate time (via an original DVR recording) or other method.
- Premature start before the official tone: Pilot will lose 1 Lap.
- Non launch on starting tone, arming timout, flip, etc – DNF, no rerun.
- Collision with another aircraft: DNF: no rerun
- Pilot Loses Video for Unknown Reason – DNF – no rerun unless evidence can be show via DVR of situation beyond pilots control.
- Pilots may request a reschedule to another heat due to technical difficulties if the pilot notifies the Race Director prior to the start of his or her heat. Maximum two requests per event.
- Pilot may request a rerun due to losing video or other technical difficulty beyond the pilot’s control.
- The Race Director has absolute discretion over approval or denial of any request listed above.
- Any pilot not physically present on the flight line fully prepared to race at the time of their scheduled heat will receive a DNF for that heat and will not receive a rerun. Two or more DNFs for no-shows will result in disqualification of the event.
- Missing a gate, flag or required obstacle: If a pilot misses a gate or obstacle, pilot will receive a DNF. Pilots may have one attempt at retrying the gate or obstacle while race is active.
- Flying out of bounds: any pilot flying out of bounds, including maximum ceiling height will receive a DNF for the current run. Pilots receiving two infractions will be completely disqualified.
- No celebration laps or excessive displays of celebration while race heat is still active. Any interference caused by a pilot or airframe will result in a DNF for that heat. Two or more DNF’s will result in disqualification from the event.
- Unsportsman like conduct will not be tolerated.
- All decisions made by the Race Director or Judge are final.